Developing, analyzing, and monitoring data to track faculty hiring, retention, promotion, and satisfaction is critical to the success of the EDEI. Deans, Chairs, the ADVANCE Program, and Institute Diversity will use the data for annual discussions to monitor progress toward EDEI goals (equity, diversity, and excellence) and to inform recommendations to improve faculty hiring, retention, promotion, and satisfaction outcomes.
The major components include:
- Data collection and tracking - Identify metrics and expand data categories to track faculty retention, advancement, and satisfaction (including surveys for faculty leaving and potential hires who have turned down offers).
- Data-driven recommendations - Based on the collected data, the ADVANCE Program and Institute Diversity will work with and advise the Provost, Deans, and other members of the administration to identify issues, problems, and solutions.
• Produce reliable statistics about faculty across units according to gender, rank, etc. over time .
• Reveal progress with increased representation by women at all ranks .
• Reveal differences/similarities in salary/space/policy adjustments.
• Annual meetings with the ADVANCE Program professors, Institute Diversity, and the Provost to discuss strategies for improving the climate and institute best practices regarding equity and diversity.