The assignment is to write a one-page leadership challenge/dilemma. The challenge should be one that is current, unresolved, complex, and significant to you, your workplace, or some other organization in which you are engaged. Your leadership challenge/dilemma should be one that you are willing to discuss with your Leadership Development Group; one which will have a material impact on you and your organization’s performance and success in the coming years; one in which you believe you would like to have a significant impact; and one in which you are open to alternative possibilities for action and are willing to receive advice from other members of your Leadership Development Group. (You do not need to reveal the identities of any individuals or groups involved in your challenge.)
The description should include the following:
- Describe your leadership dilemma.
- What actions, if any, have you taken to address this challenge?
- What are the perspectives of the other stakeholders involved in this issue?
- What do they stand to gain or lose if progress is made?
- What is your goal in resolving this challenge?
- What benefits would it provide to you and/or your organization?
Applications are due by 5 p.m. EST on Friday, December 13, 2019.